Jealousy and Cheating: Monogamy versus Non-Monogamous Relationships
After the give and take involved in agreeing to explore the idea of having a threesome the real work begins. Discussing the idea in detail gives birth to the reality of having a threesome. At some during the discussion two issues are likely to comes up.
First is the issue is jealousy. This author believes jealousy, in the narrow context of a threesome, results from feeling the relationship is under threat and the need to protect it. Jealousy can be a warning mechanism alerting the individual that something needs to be done or it can be something that destroys a relationship if the treat is imaginary. Being able to differentiate between a real threat to the relationship, a perceived threat, or an imaginary threat is not always easy due to the emotions involved.
Fear of Cheating
Second issue involves the topic of cheating and how the couple defines the term in the context of considering a threesome. Being able to define cheating for a couple’s relationship is paramount to a workable threesome.
In answer to the above issue, there is a good general article on jealousy and cheating. This article presents research into the topic of swinging, jealousy, and cheating. However, it does not provide a model on how to address the issues and instead examines the issues from a topical perspective.
This is a great article for anyone who enjoys reading research into the topic and it is written at a very easy to read level. Therefore, I will encourage everyone to read this article and learn more about these topics.
Regarding cheating in open, non-monogamous, relationships. This is something that is defined by the boundaries the couple has established and for the most part the issue of cheating has been eliminated by opening up the relationship. However, the issue of jealousy still remains. Jealousy happens in many forms such as feeling as though not enough time is being spent together, not being special, or having to deal with someone else in the relationship. In this author’s opinion, jealousy in open relationships, not the type of relationship, is a major cause for open relationships not working.
- Wife and Girlfriend reasons for participating in MFM or not wanting to participate (3somes.wordpress.com)
- How do you know if someone is interested? (3somes.wordpress.com)
- What does relationship mean in a threesome? (3somes.wordpress.com)
- Single woman seeking a threesome: risks and benefits (3somes.wordpress.com)
- Single woman seeking a threesome: risks and benefits (travellinginternationally.wordpress.com)
- 3 to Bed, A girls guide to 3′s! (illustratederoticsexpositions.wordpress.com)
- Jealousy * the cancer in a relationship * (berdie75.wordpress.com)
- Asking For Threesomes (Social Experiment) (uniquedaily.com)