Normally, when I reblog an article it is a well written article regarding threesomes. This is a very well written article that talks about sex and its myths. It is well worth your time to read.
Imagine for a moment a relationship where each of you can have your fantasy fulfilled. Further imagine a relationship where you can change the momentum of the relationship for a period of time to fulfill each others fantasy. Next imagine a relationship where trust is the central characteristic. Finally imagine a relationship that requires each of you agreeing to continue an aspect of the relationship. Does this sound like an unattainable relationship or an ideal relationship? Actually this is a description of a cuckolding relationship.
Cuckolding can offer a couple an unique opportunity to fulfill each others fantasy while building trust in the relationship. For someone that is new to the idea of cuckolding maybe asking how does trust fit into cuckolding since it involves a third person in the relationship? Trust stems from keeping the boundaries and the communication that occurs. In order for cuckolding to work trust must exist and it must be able to grow over time, otherwise the relationship will cease to exist.
This brings up the next question, if the woman is sleeping with another man how is each person’s fantasy being fulfilled? For the man in the relationship normally he has a fantasy of his wife being with another man. It may seem counter-intuitive that such a fantasy can be arousing but for some, it can be very powerful, especially if he views his penis size is hampering her enjoyment of sex. Her fantasy can vary a bit. It can stem from having power in the relationship and control over her husband. Alternatively it can be having two concurrent lovers or it can be the experience of being with someone else.
So how does a cuckolding relationship change? One of the biggest issues is dealing with the issue of jealousy. Jealousy can be problematic especially in the beginning but with more experience the issue should resolve itself; however, if it does not then the cuckolding aspect should end. Another change is communication. Clear concise information needs to be communicated. Any ambiguity can lead to misunderstanding and conflict. Third change is a shift in power in the relationship. This change is arguable since the argument can be made for the man or the woman holding the power. In my opinion, the shift of power is to the woman since she is the one who decides who she has sex with, how often, and when. Final change is trust. Trust is very fragile and if not treated correctly it can be destroyed. By communicating and changing the power structure in the relationship trust changes. If the change in trust can be harnessed for changing the relationship for the better then it can have very positive impact on the relationship.
Would I recommend a cuckolding relationship to everyone? No, I would not since each relationship is different with different needs. However, I would recommend a couple consider evaluate the idea if they have been together for a period of time and have had at least one threesome / foursome experience. At least by having some type of group sex experience the couple can begin to understand the challenges they can expect to face and how their relationship might change. Therefore, cuckolding should not be discouraged but understood. By understanding cuckolding it can provide a couple with more options for their relationship and for some it can help them enhance their relationship.
Imagine you are a couple that is dating for a few months and things start moving from casual dating to a serious relationship. Now imagine you desire to show your ‘better half’ that you are ‘open-minded’ and not jealous. Likewise consider you are a couple that has been together for more than 10 years and you want to show your partner that you can be open to a new experience. In each situation let us assume one way of showing a willingness to try something new or not being jealous is by having a threesome. Also let us assume in each situation the fantasy of having a threesome is being discussed. This raises the question is better keeping the fantasy as a wish or is better bringing the fantasy into reality?
From my experience, having a threesome is sometimes seen as challenge. The challenge is not going through with a threesome after losing a bet. Instead the challenge is twofold. At one-level the challenge is showing your partner / spouse that by having a threesome you have some how transformed yourself and a willingness of being open to new chapter in the relationship. Likewise the challenge becomes a gift that is given proving jealousy does not exist, even though jealousy may be an issue. Second challenge maintaining the openness that results from having a threesome and remaining true to the reason for having it.
This means the relationship will be transformed into something different. Since a threesome may happen and at least one person in the relationship is attempting changing the directional momentum relationship. Such a change, means either individual in the relationship may not be prepared for the change that may happen and even if each of them are ready for the change, will it be a change that is welcomed?
In my opinion, the answer lies in the power of the fantasy for the couple. Power of a fantasy lies in its ability to unite the couple by being able to share a fantasy that brings them pleasure and brings them close. It is something that binds a couple and brings them close. Also, bringing a fantasy into reality means taking a risk and the result may not be the result either one was expecting. A result of bringing the fantasy to life may an erotic experience shared by each of them or it could be an experience that adversely impacts their relationship. Once a fantasy is made real it can mean it will no longer be a shared fantasy for the couple, it will lose some of its mystique, or the fantasy will change to reflect the reality of the threesome that occurred. The question that the couple must ask themselves are they prepared to lose the fantasy in order to make it real?
Another aspect in deciding if it is a good idea in making a fantasy real is each individual skill at communicating. Communicating is key, I believe, in having a successful threesome. If either struggles with being clear and concise about their needs then it is likely a threesome may not work.
In answer to the question is it better to leave a threesome fantasy just a fantasy? I believe, a lot depends on the couple, the power of the fantasy for them, and how they are at communicating their needs. Both need to be ready for any change to the relationship and be prepared for any adverse influence from the threesome experience. If a couple is prepared and agreeing to try the idea then there should be no reason why it needs to remain a fantasy.
How do you know if someone is interested in a threesome? Has there ever been a time you thought someone might be a good choice for a threesome but did not know if you were reading their cue correctly?
The easiest way is to ask them but if you feel there is too much to risk then looking for clues might indicate their receptiveness. Looking for clues about their receptiveness to a threesome is not science and at best it will give you some indication. This means looking for cues will help in determining the probability they are interested and there is room for error, which means you may be wrong. So before asking someone if they are interested in having a threesome, weigh the risks and determine how much of a risk you are willing to take by asking them.
For the rest of the blog this author will discuss some areas to examine. Please note this is done at a very high-level in order to provide a very basic guide. At this point going into a very detailed discussion would involve writing this in multiple parts and defeating the purpose of the very simple guide.
Possible signs of interest
1) Is there flirting occurring? Some people are very social and quite flirtatious, which means this is not a good indicator. However, if flirting is something is new then it could indicate there is openness to the idea.
2) Also, what is their eye-contact and body language like? Are they being receptive and making eye contact? If they are then it could be a sign they are interested, especially if there are other signs too.
3) How do you feel when they are around you, as a couple? Do both of you feel comfortable with them? Is there an attraction at some level? Do either of you perceive them as a threat to your relationship? Is there something inside that say, “they are not a good choice,” or makes you feel uncomfortable? If so then you should consider those feelings as they may be an indicator they are not a good choice.
4) How does the potential third person act around the two of you? Do they show a strong preference for one of you? If they do then it could be sign of a potential problem. Do they communicate with the both of you? Meaning, do they show resentment if one of you says something to them or is only one of you able to speak to them? Again, if they are resisting anything that is asked then it could be a sign they are not a good choice for a threesome due to the fact they may not follow requested boundaries.
5) Are they shy, “soft-spoken”, or introverted? Person who is not social and confident may not always state their needs. In a threesome situation discussing needs and feelings is important to avoid injury. Without being comfortable enough to discuss them then there is potential for issues later.
6) How well do you know them? Have you spoken about different sexual practices? Has a discussion about relationships, cheating, and sex occurred? In this author’s opinion you do not need to know everything about their life but knowing about their attitudes can help. In additional, if you know them well then your relationship with them may make being objective difficult.
7) If they have mentioned they have an interest in a threesome, what type of threesome situation do they want and how does it compare to what you want? The greater the difference the more likely it may be a situation that does not work.
8) What is their relationship status? A married individual or someone in a relationship carries a lot of risk. If you select someone who is either married or in a relationship be prepared for issues that come up with them and be prepared to assume the risk their partner may find out. Should you find yourself in a situation where they claim their partner knows then speak face-to-face with their partner before agreeing to anything.
9) What is their tone of voice? Is it warm and friendly? A warm friendly and relaxed tone could indicate they are relaxed with you thereby indicating a possible interest.
10) What is their occupation and education? This is at best a very broad indicator regarding their ability to be detached and their free time. Educated people, very generally speaking, tend to understand choices and can be better at communicating their needs. It can mean, an educated person, is easier to speak with thereby making the decision easier. It can also serve as a very broad indicator for their reason for wanting a threesome (e.g. a business person who travels a lot or senior manager may not have time for a relationship).
11) Have any of you been drinking or doing drugs? Drinking, drugs, and threesomes do not mix. Discussing a threesome when drinking or doing drugs, including cannabis, is a very good sign that the discussion should occur when all of you are sober.
12) Is there indication of issues? If there signs of issues such as:
- Marital issues
- Recent death of a close member of the family or friend
- Major surgery
- Recent move
- Any other major life events
these could be signs the interest is more due to the stress of recent events then a true interest in have a threesome.
Knowing if someone is interested in having a threesome is more of an art than a science. It involves looking for cues and then using those cues to determine if the person might be receptive to the idea of having a threesome. Looking for cues is risky since overlooking cues that indicate that they are not interested is possible. Therefore before asking anyone about joining a threesome, ask yourself what is the risk of asking them and are you prepared to take the risk?
- Having the initial discussion (3somes.wordpress.com)
- Questions regarding overcoming resistance to threesome (3somes.wordpress.com)
- FAQs about threesomes for couples – Part 2 (3somes.wordpress.com)
- Overcoming resistance to the idea of a threesome (3somes.wordpress.com)
- How not to offend the third person (3somes.wordpress.com)
- Threesome Terminology (3somes.wordpress.com)
- OP-ED: Essential characteristics that every couple considering a threesome should have (3somes.wordpress.com)
- Frequently Asked questions about choosing a third person for a threesome (3somes.wordpress.com)
- FAQs – Finding a third person (3somes.wordpress.com)
- Unwilling threesome (ask.metafilter.com)
Does a male who wants a mfm means he is bisexual?
The journey towards having a threesome is lined with detours and delays due to questions that need answering. There is no formula in having a successful threesome nor is there the correct answer to any question being asked. One question that is asked is my husband / boyfriend bisexual if they ask for a two man threesome.
Before proceeding it is important to define three terms: straight, bisexual, and homosexuality. Straight for the most part means a preference for someone of a different gender and the ability to form lasting relationships with them. This definition does not exclude limited same sex encounters, provided no lasting relationship forms.
Next, bisexuality is difficult to define as a sexual preference since it is controversial. The controversy stems from the debate if someone can be bisexual instead of gay or straight. In this article bisexuality is defined someone who has had sex with both genders along with the ability to form relationships with both genders. Furthermore, the degree to which or the frequency of those relationships are not at issue. Therefore this definition excludes someone who is exploring their sexuality or someone who is for the most part gay.
Finally homosexual, unlike someone who is either straight or bisexual, shows a preference for someone who is of the same gender. Essentially this means they show very little sexual desire for sex with someone who is not the same gender as themselves. Also, it means very few threesomes with a heterosexual couple will involve homosexual activity.
This leads to the questions if a male suggests a two male threesome does it mean they are bisexual or homosexual? Examining the limited research that has been done this topic, the majority of threesome encounters is a two male threesome with either no or limited male on male activity. This is due to the fact that male bisexuality is not readily tolerated in most threesomes and it is an activity that is typically discouraged. It is this author’s belief the reason that male bisexuality is not well tolerated is due to the higher incidence of HIV / AIDs being associated with certain male on male activity and the community, as a whole, discouraging high risk behavior.
Now, if he suggests a two male threesome that could allow some bi activity between the other male and him this could show that he has some bi-curious interest and that he would like to explore this side of his sexuality. Bi-curious means there is an interest but it has not been sufficiently explored to allow him to reach a decision. The reason for wanting to explore is infinite. A possible reason may be the activity is strongly discouraged by religion and being discouraged may peak his curiosity to understand. Another reason, as he ages he is finding he has an interest in men some men and wants to understand it. Nonetheless, it is not a definitive indication that he is gay or bi. It is a decision that the two of you will have to make in regards to male on male activity in a threesome and the limits of it.
On the other hand if you begin noticing other signs, such as:
• Visitation to gay sites
• Decrease in sexual activity
• Feeling that of distance between the two of you
• Defensiveness when confronted about concerns
• Text messages, photos, unfamiliar names, or new mobile / cellular phone indicating this type of behavior
• Emails that show plans for meeting or expressing desire in activity
• Recent change in behavior and / or attitudes towards male bisexuality / homosexuality
• Unexplained purchases being made
• Unexpected travel
• Unexplained or unexpected changes in time leaving or returning from work
• Attempts to cover up activities
Your next step should be to discuss with him what you know including what you have observed and what you suspect. This should be at a time when there are minimal distractions and conducive to a discussion of this type. Allow him the opportunity to respond, listen to his response and take the necessary time to consider his response before taking any further actions. Therefore to answer the question, a suggestion of a two male threesome is not, in and of itself, clear sign that your husband is bisexual or gay. Nonetheless it could show it if there are more signs.
In contrast, what if it not him suggesting having a mmf threesome. It may mean he is a realist whereby he realizes that statistically if he wants a threesome then having a mmf threesome is much more likely to occur than a fmf threesome. If wanting a threesome, regardless of the type, then the motivating factor for him his wish to have a threesome.
Nonetheless for some it leaves the question, if he is straight then why would he agree to have a mfm threesome? The answer, this author feels, lies in the act itself. A fmf tends to be fundamentally different than a mmf threesome. From a psycho-biology perspective sex for a woman is about producing an offspring and finding a male that is going to be a good provider. Once she finds him she will invest the time to keep him. This means she can become protective of her relationship and will fight off anyone that is a threat to her relationship with him. For a threesome to occur, the invited woman must not be perceived as being a threat to her. This implies there is at least a physical attraction between the two and implies the second woman, if the threesome is to be successful, is more sexually submissive. It also implies in a fmf threesome female on female contact is more likely to occur due to the attraction .
Whereas for a two male threesome the issue becomes the second male’s compatibility with the couple. This implies the second male, unlike the second female in a fmf, has a role and not a social order. His role is to enhance the enjoyment of sex for both and in particular the female. Unlike a fmf a mmf is more likely not to involve male-on-male contact. This is in part because male-on-male activity is socially discouraged and this author believes, a male can see another male as a team-member and not a threat to the relationship. Hence, a two male threesome focus can become providing the female with sexual pleasure than an underlying attraction, at some level, for each male.
In this situation, it is possible the male wants the threesome to offer sexual enjoyment for his partner and to be the one who provides it for her. This means his agreement to have a two male threesome is not based on his attraction to the male but the want to make his female partner happy. Therefore a male agreeing to have a mmf threesome does not necessarily mean he is bisexual but is considering the happiness of his partner.
- Writing an ad – Advice for single males (3somes.wordpress.com)
- It’s not a case of either/or: bisexuality on television (velociriot.org)
- It’s A Sin? Frank Ocean & Prejudice Against Male Bisexuality (thequietus.com)
- Are Women More Bisexual Than Men? (femiblogged.wordpress.com)
- Overcoming resistance to the idea of a threesome (3somes.wordpress.com)
- Bisexual Cheating (kdaddy23.wordpress.com)
- Questions regarding overcoming resistance to threesome (3somes.wordpress.com)
- Bisexuality: A sexual orientation of its own? (emmageraln.com)