What is necessary for a successful relationship and successful threesome?
One of the core ingredients, I believe, is necessary for a successful threesome is a solid relationship and this is a common thread throughout this site. Defining a solid relationship is not as easy since a lot depends on religious background, cultural, political background, and socio-economic status. This makes providing a unifying definition difficult and makes the definition dependent on couple that is asking.
Recently a Psychology Today article made an attempt in defining the term and I believe, it positively contributes to my ongoing discussion of what makes a relationship stable enough for a threesome. With that said, there are a three minor points that I do not agree.
The first one is going to bed at the same time. Whilst I understand the point being made, I feel it neglects other issues such as health problems or work schedule that may impact bedtimes. In my opinion, this is a minor ingredient for a successful relationship and not a major ingredient.
Second is sharing common interests. Without developing common interests a relationship, I believe, is destined to fail. However the article neglects to mention how much of a common interest a couple should share, what definition of common interest the author is using, and to what emotional level that interest should be shared. Without more discussion from the author I believe this interest is pointless.
10 points too superficial
Finally I believe, the 10 points raised are very closely related and do not dwell deep enough for the article to be meaningful. Nonetheless point four regarding forgiveness and point five focusing on what your partner does right, highlight the author is heading on the right direction for this article. I believe if the author was focusing on deeper points about relationships then this article would be much more meaningful.
I believe this article is a good guide on some of the more superficial aspects that a relationship needs to be successful and it provides limited insight into what a couple should be doing if they are considering a threesome.
- Is having a threesome necessary for cuckolding? (3somes.wordpress.com)
- Twos company, Three’s a crowd? Do’s & Don’ts of Threesomes. (tricksandthetown.wordpress.com)
- Two-fer Tuesday: Threesome Etiquette PLUS What Should I do with My Wedding Ring? (3somes.wordpress.com)
- Sex Talk With Nick: Tasty Threesomes (uiwomenscenter.wordpress.com)
- Good News, Everyone, Threesomes Are on the Rise (thedatereport.com)
- Threesomes, privacy, and the law (3somes.wordpress.com)
- 16 bad habits that can spoil ur relationship (ameborepublik.wordpress.com)
- Is having a threesome necessary for cuckolding? (b0ylu5t.wordpress.com)
- 20 Things I Would Do Differently If I Were Married And You Should Do Now. (happinessandstrength.wordpress.com)
- Is it baseball, length of daylight or the weather? (3somes.wordpress.com)
5 thoughts on “What makes a couple successful”
Pingback: Threesome variations by country | Threesomes and variations
Pingback: Fantasy versus Reality of having a threesome: Chapter 6 – You can never go back | Threesomes and variations
Pingback: Finding the balance: Progressing the discussion of having a threesome without collapsing the discussion | Threesomes and variations
Pingback: How to persuade them to have a threesome: Secret #6 – its the relationship | Threesomes and variations
Very interesting text.